Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Cheese Tortellini with Asparagus
When the asparagus came to Isolationville a couple weeks back, I made a nice pasta in addition to the asparagus pizza I posted about earlier. Inspired by Once Upon A Feast's Presto Pasta Nights, here's the recipe and photo.
3/4 pound asparagus
1 1/2 pound package frozen cheese tortellini (or something better if your non-Isolationville location offers)
5 large cloves garlic, peeled
3 TBS olive oil
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
3 TBS heavy cream
2 oz freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1. Set a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta
2. Trim an inch off the ends of the asparagus, peel the stalks, and cut each into thirds
3. Place asparagus and garlic in a steamer and steam lightly for 4 to 7 minutes
4. When the asparagus is crisp-tender, remove from steamer and set aside
5. Combine steamed garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small processor and process until smooth
6. Cook pasta according to directions and drain; return pot to stove
7. Over medium heat, cook the garlic-oil mix for a few minutes. Add the asparagus, toss to coat. Add the pasta, toss to coat. Add cream and half the parmesan cheese, toss to coat.
8. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Sprinkle each serving with some of the remaining cheese.