Cooking and Garden-Making

It's been a busy few weeks here in Desertville. In between snow falls (yes, I know...Desertville sounds like it shouldn't have snow, but it does), I've been trying to finish fencing my garden against the furballs and build up some organic matter in the soil. I have a big pile of cow poop and grass clippings that are slowly, but surely becoming something a plant would want to live in and, thanks to Starbucks, I have a growing pile of coffee grounds. Mostly, I just need to put in my gate and furball-proof the gate area and then I can start laying out the beds.

I've also been doing a lot of cooking. Yesterday, I dragged out three bananas I'd shoved in the freezer before leaving for a weekend a while back and turned them into banana bread. I also made shrimp tacos with a cilantro/tomatillo salsa. We each had half an avocado filled with diced red pepper in a lime-y dressing on the side.

Tonight, for Valentine's Day, I'm cheating a little. Husband is extremely fond of Quorn's gruyere cutlets and I happened to see them at the store a few days ago, so I'm cooking those with some type of potato (either roasted or mashed, I think) and veg. Maybe creamed spinach. Maybe sauteed broccoli with lots of garlic. Little Girl likes both. I'm not sure about a dessert. I believe there's chocolate in my future, so I don't know that I really need to make one.

I've been perusing upcoming blogging events, so I hope to start cooking and taking pictures and really food-blogging again soon. Certainly once my garden has small green things growing, I'll be sharing pictures of the plants and meals that come from it.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see your garden. I have been awaiting your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment