Ah, Convenience Foods!

Sometimes I feel the need to sing the praises of almost-instant foods and this week has been one of those times. Husband is away on business and I am working an extra 24 hours while he's gone, so it's a double whammy of no help around the house and having to take Baby Girl to work with me every day for a few hours, getting us home about half an hour before she wants to go to bed. These are the days when I'm happy to rip open an envelope and dump the contents into some boiling water/milk combo and be done with it.

Except, not really.

Those things have little flavor and no redemptive nutritional qualities, so I add stuff. The other night, I added a cup or so of frozen peas and two chopped-up veggie breakfast sausages to an otherwise uninspired pot of garlic/parmesan noodles. They needed a little something-something, so I also tossed in Tabasco and a little Worcestershire sauce. If I had had five minutes more of energy, I would have grated some actual parmesan, but I didn't, so there you are.

Comments